Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ICE-KACHANG MACHINE

Split unit air-con became Ice-Kachang machine!

This is a rare scence to see such a large ice form on the split unit aircon's coil fin. The ice formed and causes the filter to be stuck. So what should I do? I uses a screw driver and started breaking the ice just like an ice-kachang man crushing the ice cube.

My customers said,"Hey Vincent, bring down the ice and let me made you a nicecold drink!"

So what causes it?

This air-con basically lack of maintenance and heavily used. Refrigerant is also very very low, less than 30psi.


Ice formed on split unit's coil

1 comment:

jason said...

Hi,

I haven't seen a case like that! was your split system air conditioner old enough? I guess you have to replace your machine. It may also cause too much consumption of electric. In my case I always replace my split system once every 5 yrs.

Warm Regards,
jason